Low Semen Production Delhi NCR
Low Sperm Production (Oligospermia) Treatment in Delhi
"Oligo" means "a few"; thus, as the name suggests, oligospermia is the medical term for only a few or less than the normal number of sperms. Though oligospermia symptoms may not be bothersome for the individual, oligospermia becomes concerning when it interferes with a man’s ability to impregnate his partner. Thus, it often remains undiagnosed unless the patient goes to a physician or a fertility clinic with the issue of infertility.
What is Oligospermia?
Sperm count is the number of sperms present in 1 mL of semen. It is calculated in millions/mL and is regarded as one of the indicators of male fertility. A sperm count of less than 15 million per mL is considered oligospermia.
The other aspects of male sexual health such as the ability to obtain and sustain an erection, ejaculation, etc. may be normal in a male with oligospermia.
Types of Oligospermia
Based on the severity, oligospermia is categorised into 3 types:
- Mild oligospermia when the sperm count is between 10 to 15 million sperm/mL.
- Moderate oligospermia when the sperm count is between 5 to 10 million sperm/mL.
- Severe oligospermia when the sperm count is between 0 to 5 million sperm/mL.
Azoospermia refers to a condition where there is complete absence of sperm in the semen.
Side Effects of Low Sperm Production Oligospermia
Oligospermia may make it difficult for a male to impregnate his partner. It does not cause infertility; however, it may need more attempts for successful fertilization to take place as compared to a male with a normal sperm count.
It is even possible for a man with oligospermia to have no difficulty with conception.
At times, the underlying cause behind a man’s oligospermia may also result in some other male fertility issues such as abnormal sperm motility. There is a greater chance of infertility with such co-existing conditions.
What causes oligospermia?
There can be several different causes of low production of sperm, such as:
- Undescended testes.
- Infections involving the male reproductive organs such as testes (orchitis), epididymis (epididymitis), STDs such as gonorrhoea, HIV, etc.
- Genetic conditions like cystic fibrosis, and Klinefelter syndrome.
- Cancer surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy.
- Injury, surgery, or any disease causing scarring and blockage in the ducts that carry sperms for ejaculation.
- Hormonal imbalance due to disorders of any of the glands involved in male reproduction such as the pituitary, hypothalamus, testicles, thyroid, adrenal gland, etc.
- Ejaculation problems such as retrograde ejaculation.
- Exposure to environmental toxins such as pesticides, heavy metals, paints, etc.
- A side effect of certain medications such as beta-blockers, antibiotics, and some antihypertensive drugs.
- Lifestyle factors such as obesity or occupations involving long hours of sitting thatincrease the temperature of the testicles (truck drivers, software professionals, etc.)
Ayurvedic Treatment for Low Sperm Production
- Safed Musli:Safed Musli is a medicinal herb highly regarded in Ayurveda for its potential benefits in enhancing reproductive health in males, including the improvement of sperm count. It is also believed to stimulate the production of testosterone, the hormone crucial for sperm production.
- Shilajit: It is believed to have rejuvenating effects on the organs of the reproductive system and is beneficial in improving sperm motility and sperm count. It also reduces fatigue and increases stamina.
- Kapikacchu: This herb is thought to support the production of healthy sperm and increase sperm count by correcting hormone imbalance and reducing stress.
- Ashwagandha: Known for its adaptogenic properties, ashwagandha may help improve overall reproductive health. Moreover, it may also increase testosterone levels which in turn improves the sperm count.
- Shatavari:This herb is widely trusted by ayurvedic physicians for the treatment of oligospermia. It has a cooling property. It thus protects the sperm from depleting due to heat and results in increased sperm count. It is believed to have rejuvenating effects on the reproductive system.
Ayurvedic practitioners may prescribe specific formulations or combinations of herbs based on an individual's constitution and the underlying factors contributing to low sperm count.
Panchakarma for low sperm count
Ayurveda places importance on detoxification to eliminate toxins from the body. Panchakarma therapies performed by a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner may be beneficial in improving sperm count and overall reproductive health.
Dietary recommendations for oligospermia
- Consume foods that are rich in zinc, selenium, and vitamin E, as these nutrients are important for sperm production. Examples include nuts, seeds, whole grains, and green leafy vegetables.
- Include dairy products, especially organic milk, in your diet.
- Eat a well-balanced diet with a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Manage Stress: Chronic stress can negatively impact reproductive health and in turn, cause low sperm count. Practices like yoga, meditation, and deep breathing exercises may help reduce stress levels.
- Adequate Sleep:Ensure you get enough restorative sleep, as it plays a crucial role in overall well-being, including reproductive health.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
It is crucial to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner who can assess your constitution (dosha), overall health, and specific concerns before recommending a personalized treatment plan. Expert ayurvedic physicians at Dr. Monga Medi Clinic have decades of experience in treatment for low production of sperm in Delhi.
Why Dr. Monga Medi Clinic for Treatment of Oligospermia?
Dr. Monga Medi Clinic provides its patients with the benefits of both Modern Medicine as well as Ancient Ayurveda. This integrated approach provides the best treatment efficacy for patients with low sperm counts.
We give utmost importance to the privacy of our patients. They can confidentially discuss their issues with the counsellors here, who counsel the couple about the myths and facts related to low sperm count and also suggest ways to manage stress and improve the relationship between the partners.
Our specialist doctors have decades of experience in oligospermia treatment and we provide personalised treatment plans for every patient based on their specific health condition.
You can book an appointment with Dr. Monga Medi Clinic by visiting our website Dr Mongas | Contact us or calling us at +91-8010-97-70-00.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q:What causes low sperm production?
- Q:Is low sperm count also known as Oligospermia?
- Q: If sperm production is less than 60 million, can I still be a father?
- Q: My wife has failed to conceive, and I have a low sperm count, could this be the cause?
- Q: Is low sperm count treatable?
- Q:How do I consult with you?
- Q:What is your consultation fee?
Ans: Low sperm production can be caused due several reasons such as varicocele, infection of the organs of the male reproductive system, injury of the reproductive organs, side effects of certain medications, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, obesity, etc. The different causes are mentioned above in the article.
Ans:Yes, oligospermia is the medical term for low sperm count.
Ans: Yes, males with a sperm count of less than 60 million can still be a father. They may just need more attempts. Consult a specialist doctor who will suggest ways to increase your chances of fertility.
Ans:Yes, this could be a reason for difficulty in conceiving by your wife. Do not lose hope, though, because even with a low sperm count, you can still be a father. Consult a doctor for help.
Ans: Yes, there are different treatment strategies available to increase the number of sperms. Consult a physician to know about the appropriate treatment plan for your oligospermia.
Ans: You can consult our expert doctors by visiting our website Dr Mongas | Contact us or calling us at 91-8010-93-11-22.
Ans: The consultation fee varies for online and offline consultations and specialists, but rest assured that we charge a very affordable fee from our patients.